Thursday 25 February 2016

Red Riding Hood Draft #3


Above is our third draft of Red Riding Hood, and hopefully the final draft. All we need to add now is the actual studio ident. 

Differences between this draft and draft #2 may not be very clear, but there were several changes between the drafts. I removed one shot and took out all the placeholders present in the previous draft, except from the studio ident placeholder.

I also adjusted the volume of the soundtrack and the dialogue, as many people who completed our survey told us that it could be hard to hear at times. I lowered the soundtrack and raised the dialogue. Also with the use of audio effects I was able to reduce the fuzz and static that was present with the original draft's sound. 

As you can see we finally have our title card. It's an animation found on Final Cut Pro that is supposed to represent ink spreading. I adjusted the colour, contrast and font to create a title card that worked well with our OTS. I also applied the 'noire' visual affect on top of it to improve the lighting of the colours. 

Finally I also removed several titles as our first viewers said that it distracted them from what the actual OTS itself. Therefore I have cut the titles to a minimum, only featuring the most important roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment